We recommend validating your account as soon as it is created to ensure a quick and seamless buying and selling experience. However, certain thresholds such as trading frequency or trading amounts may require you to verify your account. In most cases we may require you to verify your identify while you request to withdraw funds based on your withdrawal request method and also while you request to redeem for physical product as a shipping address is required. Since we are in the metals industry, we are required to have internal anti-money laundering parameters that comply with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) standard for Anti-Money Laundering and Fraud protection. This measure keeps both our users and our business safe against those who could do harm with access to your funds or account.
Articles in this section
- Why is my phone number required to create an account?
- What is 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- How do I set up 2-factor authentication?
- What two-step authentication apps can I use?
- Is a 2-step verification code required for every login?
- I would rather not use SMS/Text Messaging. What can I do?
- What should I do if I have a landline on my account?
- Can I change my email address?
- I live outside the United States. Can I create a OneGold account?
- How do I change my address?