You can set up 2-factor authentication a number of ways. The first way is during signup. You will be prompted to enter your mobile phone number and you will be sent an SMS text message. Once you have confirmed the code on the verification page, you will be automatically set up to use 2-factor authentication in the future. The second way is to utilize a third-party authentication app such as Google Authenticator or Authy. You will need to download the application of your choosing and access the corresponding QR code in the Settings section of your OneGold account. Once you scan the QR code into your authentication app, you will be set up with 2-factor authentication going forward.
Articles in this section
- Why is my phone number required to create an account?
- What is 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- How do I set up 2-factor authentication?
- What two-step authentication apps can I use?
- Is a 2-step verification code required for every login?
- I would rather not use SMS/Text Messaging. What can I do?
- Can I change my email address?
- I live outside the United States. Can I create a OneGold account?
- How do I change my address?
- I have lost or need to update my phone or 2-factor authentication device?