You must use SMS text messaging for two-factor authentication upon account creation. Once you have created your account, you may change the method for authentication. You may continue to use your mobile number, or you may utilize an app such as Google Authenticator or Authy, which does not require a text message to be sent to your phone each time.
Articles in this section
- What is 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- How do I set up 2-factor authentication?
- What two-step authentication apps can I use?
- I would rather not use SMS/Text Messaging. What can I do?
- I have lost or need to update my phone or 2-factor authentication device?
- Why should I verify my account?
- How do I upload my verification documents?
- What forms of identification are required to verify my account?
- How do I change my address?
- I live outside the United States. Can I create a OneGold account?