You must use SMS text messaging for two-factor authentication upon account creation. Once you have created your account, you may change the method for authentication. You may continue to use your mobile number, or you may utilize an app such as Google Authenticator or Authy, which does not require a text message to be sent to your phone each time.
Articles in this section
- Why is my phone number required to create an account?
- What is 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
- How do I set up 2-factor authentication?
- What two-step authentication apps can I use?
- Is a 2-step verification code required for every login?
- I would rather not use SMS/Text Messaging. What can I do?
- What should I do if I have a landline on my account?
- Can I change my email address?
- I live outside the United States. Can I create a OneGold account?
- How do I change my address?